Heartbeat Ballarat is a patient lead peer support group made up of patients, families and caregivers that have in some way been impacted by heart disease.
Heartbeat Victoria Ballarat Branch is for patients by patients. A patient lead cardiac peer support group of patients, families, and caregivers that have been impacted by heart disease. Also allied health staff who volunteer to advocate for patients and improve patient centred care and outcomes.
Heartbeat Ballarat can support you
Becoming a member of Heartbeat Ballarat can have many benefits.
Being with people who have experienced what you have experienced can:
- Help you feel less alone
- Help you feel motivated to make healthier lifestyle choices
- Help you feel more in control and informed about your condition
- Help you feel a sense of belonging and community connection
Peer support groups like Heartbeat Ballarat can make a real difference to some people’s recovery and quality of life.
Here’s what members say about our group:
“Heartbeat Ballarat has helped me learn how to live with my condition. I now put the condition to the back of my mind and enjoy life.”
“Attending Heartbeat Ballarat means company and a cuppa! We support each other and it gives you a different outlook on life.”
Hospital visits phone 04 4737 7159.
Join our local Ballarat walking groups
4 locations – 4 weekly walks.
There’s a fun, FREE, easy way to feel happy and healthy.
It’s walking — and everyone is welcome to join in.
Come along to our weekly walks to meet new friends and boost your health.
- Tuesday 10am – Indoor walk – walk inside Ken Kay Badminton Stadium (next to Minerdome) 407 Dowling Street Wendouree Entry $2 donation to Badminton Association. 45 min indoor walk, own pace and distance, trip hazard free. Toilets on site. Optional cuppa from onsite canteen after walk.
- Wednesday 10am – Lake Esmond – Larter Street Ballarat East Peaceful FREE walk in Lake Esmond Botanic Gardens 1.8k or 3.6k, seats avail. Toilets on site. Pram & dog friendly Optional cuppa at Lilly’s in Eureka Centre after walk.
- Friday 10am – Pipers by the Lake – 403 Wendouree Pde, Lake Wendouree (meet in front of Pipers) Peaceful FREE 30 to 45 min flat outdoor walk in Botanic Gardens. Own pace and distance. Toilets on site. Pram & dog friendly. Seats available Optional cuppa in Pipers Restaurant after walk.
- Saturday 9:30am – Victoria Park – Sturt Street Ballarat (meet near toilets, Sturt St end of Vic Pk). Peaceful FREE walk on walking track within tree filled Victoria Pk. 4k or 5k options. Toilets on site. Pram & dog friendly. Optional cuppa at Emma’s Bakery, 1769 Sturt St, after walk.
Heartbeat Ballarat Walking Groups are safe and welcoming. A community where all people are equal and can feel safe, comfortable, and accepted. Disability and day support groups encouraged to walk with us. All walks are supported walks, no one is left alone or behind. Wheelchairs, walking aids, and pram use is encouraged. Outdoor walks are pet friendly.
Heartbeat Ballarat meet and walk on Wadawurrung land.