Heartbeat Goulburn Valley
Living with a heart disease
Heartbeat Victoria – Goulburn Valley Branch is community based, volunteer run and focused on people recovering from a heart attack or other heart conditions.
Peer support can help you develop problem-solving, decision-making, coping and stress management skills. It can also provide advice about interacting with health professionals, accessing health and social services and managing physical limitations.
There are many things you can do to live a healthy, happy and full life. You don’t have to do it alone.
What does Goulburn Valley peer support branch provide?
- Peer support through dinner meetings held on the first Monday of each month at Peppermill Inn Conference Room, Shepparton, with a guest presenter and a variety of educational and social activities to maintain health and wellbeing
- An annual calendar of activities
- Monthly walks with a social lunch or dinner at a hotel or club
- Coffee mornings
- Phone support and home visits
- Transport to activities as required
- A monthly newsletter
In addition, some of our members volunteer at Goulburn Valley Health Cardiac Rehabilitation Program and funds are raised to support the purchase of cardiac and emergency equipment for Goulburn Valley Health or small rural health services in the surrounding area.
Membership is available to cardiac patients or persons with heart disease or a cardiac condition, their families and carers. Others who support the aims of Heartbeat and are interested in maintaining health and wellbeing are also welcome.
There is an annual membership fee of $15.00 per member.
We can support you
New members are always welcome. Just come along to some activities and see how it can help you. If you would like further information about the group or would like to speak to someone who understands what it’s like to have a heart event or heart disease, please see the contact details.